The beauty of this ratatouille equivalent is twofold: 1) it eggplant-free, which is important to those of us who think eggplant looks (and probably tastes) like the the the pods in the original Alien movie. 2) It’s very easy to make: throw stuff into a pan. Dump two more cans of stuff and serve.
Roasted vegetables parmesan — www.jimc.in
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1″ chunks
1 medium onion, cut into eight wedges
1 medium red, orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks
8 ounces mushrooms, stems removed
1 C baby carrots
1 T olive oil
1/2 t salt
1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans/chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with garlic and Italian herbs. (Or 1 can of plain diced tomatoes, 1 t oregano, 1 t basil, and one clove minced garlic.)
1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large roasting pan, toss the zucchini, onion, pepper, mushrooms, and carrots with oil. Sprinkle with salt and spread evenly on the bottom of a pan.
- Roast at 500°F for 12 minutes
- Remove from oven, stir in the beans and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.