I repaired the broken gear and replaced the two electrical components. Saturday, I took apart the base and bowl holder to paint them. For bizarre reasons, the canary yellow with a black stripe down the middle was very appealing. I did part of the bowl holder, the tail cone and (though you can’t see it in the photo) the planetary assembly in white. The auto parts store had a variety of thin decal trim in a variety of colors. Since I’m trying to keep this on the cheap, I picked up a roll of teeny red flames. Sometime this week I’ll add the decal. I also have some small containers of enamel (red, bronze and green) that I can use for accents.
And, stating the obvious, yes, I am making this up as I go along… 🙂