I had a lot of discretionary time this weekend and did some cooking. This clam chowder recipe is a lot easier than it might initially look.
Clam chowder — www.jimc.in
|1/2 t||125 ml||salt|
|1||medium-sized onion, diced|
|1/2 lb||275 g||red potatoes (about 4 medium-small ones), diced, skin on|
|1 t||5 ml||marjoram|
|1/2 t||3 ml||rosemary|
|3/4 t||3 ml||thyme|
|1 T||15 ml||parsley|
|1/4 C||60 g||flour|
|1/2 C||125 ml||milk|
|1 1/2 C||350 g||chopped clams|
- Heat (“medium”) olive oil in deep sauce pan. Cook celery and onions about 5 minutes or until onions translucent. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes or until they soften up
- Add butter and all the seasonings except the dill and parsley. Cook about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Lower heat, stir in flour and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream, milk, clam juice. Heat until just under the boiling point.
- Add the chopped clams. Bring to a boil slowly and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the dill and parsley.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste.