The last of the three desserts Ardith prepared for us last Friday. Tomorrow: the main course!
Delicious Chocolate Cake – Ardith Ketchum
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
- Bring the butter, cocoa and water to a boil.
- Stir together the flour and sugar. Add to hot cocoa mixture.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Frost with fudge icing below. You can frost immediately after removing it from oven, but the consistency will be better if it’s allowed to cool a little.
1 stick butter
4 T cocoa
6 T milk
1 lb. Powdered sugar (or more for desired consistency)
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of salt
- Bring to a boil.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla and dash of salt.
- Spread over warm cake.