Chicken Marsala — takes about half an hour to make, with minimal interaction. Feeds three.
1/4 C Flour
1 t paprika
2 skinless, boneless, featherless chicken breasts
2 T canola oil
3/4 C marsala
3/4 C chicken stock, skim fat from top
2 t lemon juice
3/4 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced thinly
1/2 pound pasta of your choice.
- Heat an iron skillet with the oil
- Mix the flour and paprika in a bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally (e.g., make them really thin). Coat the chicken with the flour and cook approximately 4 minutes per side, or until browned. Set aside.
- Stir in the garlic and let sizzle for about seconds. Pour in the marsala, stock, and lemon juice. Add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes until the mixture starts to boil down and the mushrooms cook.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add the chicken and cook another 5 minutes until the the liquid is moderately thick. Serve over pasta.