From cutiepi314, Ten things that brought me joy this week (and we’re not referring to the dish soap brand).
- There’s this tune “Ain’t No Bugs On Me” that my kids like and often want me to sing with them. It has this clever stanza:
Bigger bugs have little bugs
On their backs that bite ’em
And little bugs have littler bugs
And so ad infinitum.
Hey, it’s much better than, say, Led Zeppelin’s Travelling Riverside blues. Anyway, one of my customer has an interesting variant on his email signature line:
Bigger whirls have little whirls
that feed on their velocity
little whirls have littler whirls
and so on to viscosity
I circulated this internally and one of the senior engineers pointed me to the scientific theory behind this.
- Global warming is a result of a decline in pirates, or the other way around. Either way, I will be blogging from my secure bunker on September 19th
- Slept in this morning. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. :o)
- Susan’s unleashed the dancing rodent upon hearing that her dentist doesn’t want to see her for four months.
- I found a place to rent a bike next week while I’m in Austin; they’ll let me pick it up late, after the trade show ends. They may also be able to build a set of new wheels for my bike by the end of the week.
- We’re sourcing for a new technical writer at work. My work-related stress is halved.
- R.B. is “in a family way.”
- The Daily Show has stopped the moving banner behind Jon Stewart. (It was making me nauseous.)
- My developers kick ass.
- A high school friend visited this week with her family. Not only did I get to cook, I also had a chance to unleash sarcastic allegory, employ dramatic irony, wield litotes, and freely exercise parody. Twice she said “you really ought to consider doing comedy.” A high compliment.